Monday, February 15, 2010

Punch Art - Valentine Style


Here's a couple cards I made using punch art for valentines for my kids....I think they are so adorable!  This little skunk is something I saw on Cindy Lawrences' blog and she got the idea from Splitcoast Stampers.  I used pretty in pink, regal rose, basic black, whisper white and going grey cardstock.  I also used the well scripted stamp set, I {Heart} Hearts stamp set, and the pinking hearts border punch, the new heart embosslit die and a white gel pen.  The ears are punched circles, the body is punched ovals, the face is the ornament punch, the nose is from the heart trio punch, the paws are from the modern lable punch ends and the eyes are punches.  The stripe was freehand cut and colored with a black stampin' write marker.  I also used some American Crafts ribbon and retired Stampin' Up! DSP and the pinking hearts border punch.

Here's another punch art card I made for my sons (my daughter got the skunk).  I CASEd this from Jackie Topa  and you can find the directions for creating him on her blog.  This also used a variety of Stampin' Up! punches, including the scallop trim border punch, the same retired DSP (just used the pattern on the other side of the paper), american crafts ribbon.  Mine is a little different from hers, but I followed her directions pretty closely.

Here's the card I made for my other son....everything is the same except for the ribbon.  The cardstock colors are regal rose, sahara sand, very vanilla, basic black, whisper white, and pretty in pink.
Email me if you have any questions or want to place a Stampin' Up! order.



*images are copyright Stampin' Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment to let me know you were here and what you thought! :)